Dental Careers in Fort St. John
Looking for a dental career in Fort St. John? Join the Alaska Avenue Dental team.
Current Open Positions
Certified Dental Assistant and/or Chairside Assistant - Alaska Avenue Dental Clinic
Conveniently located in Fort St. John, Alaska Avenue Dental has been keeping families smiling for many years. At Alaska Avenue, we believe in creating a positive and unique experience for each of our patients. We provide a range of services, including general dentistry, cosmetic services, orthodontics and periodontal services.
We pride ourselves on providing quality dental care and 4.9 stars on Google reviews, evidence of our exceptional patient service, commitment to continuous learning and innovative technology.
Additionally, through working within the dentalcorp network, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the industry’s leading clinicians and have greater access to the advanced treatment technologies and training & development, and support.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
Benefits of Joining Our Team:
• Competitive compensation
• Total rewards package that offers discounts on many services and activities including an exclusive corporate gym membership program; reduced rates on home and auto insurance; unlimited access to a variety of discounted entertainment, hotels, products, services and so much more!
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) that connects team members and their families with complimentary, confidential, short-term counseling and advisory services
• Career development to grow and evolve as a dental professional on your individual career path, including access to industry-leading continuing education
• Attend social and CE events to network with dental professionals in your community
• Work-life balance and flexibility
• Access to modernized technology to provide optimal oral care to patients
The wage range is from $22.50 to $32.00 per hour depending on experience. Hourly wage is determined based on the candidate’s work experience and will be discussed during the interview process.
• Clinical chairside assisting duties including knowledge of instrumentation
• Establish strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical professional behaviour
• Prepare treatment room in accordance with infection control and practice protocols for each patient
• Thorough understanding of practice health and safety requirements
• Registered and/or certified as a Dental Assistant with your Provincial regulatory body or association
• Previous dental assisting experience is preferred
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.
Submit your resume to be notified about future openings in your area.
From Our Dental Team
Our team of dental professionals is dedicated to caring for the smiles of patients in the Fort St. John community. We welcome you to join our team.
Why work at Alaska Avenue Dental?
Alaska Avenue Dental is proud to be an active member of the Fort St. John community, and strives to provide exceptional oral health care for individuals and families.
Our team is committed to clinical excellence and aims to create a positive patient experience. We care for our people and seek, as a team, to provide comprehensive dentistry to our patients.
Full-Family, Full-Life Dental Care
At Alaska Avenue Dental, we are here for you and your family... for life. Whether you simply need a regular check-up and hygiene, you believe you need a filling or crown, or you or your children may need orthdontic care, we are your one-stop dental practice in Fort St. John, BC.
Tips for a Healthy Smile from the Alaska Avenue Dental Team
Sugar plays a big role in the development of cavities. Avoid foods with 'hidden' sugars, like crackers, processed food, and milk. Brushing twice daily, swishing with water or chewing sugarless gum after meals can reduce the harmful of effect sugar on your teeth.